New Song: Into the Danger Zone | ViolaMao Meowsings: New Song: Into the Danger Zone

Sunday, November 29, 2015

New Song: Into the Danger Zone


I welcome thee to the danger zone . . . or my latest song: Into the Danger Zone!

This song is very much unlike my typical stuff*. That was actually kind of the point of it. I was just messing around in Mixcraft while I was still trying to learn the software (ha who am I kidding I'm still trying to learn how to use it), and I was basically like, "lol let's make something terrible and completely un-melodical" (actually not joking at all here - that is literally what my thought process was), but then I decided to turn it into something actually good. It was something that I actually liked, so I kept on working on it.

However, Murphy's Law says that if I make something I am at least semi-proud of, then something unfortunate must happen, and something unfortunate did indeed happen. After about 30 minutes of work, Mixcraft crashed - the one and only time it ever has. And of course, I hadn't saved at all yet. So basically, all of my work was lost. I lamented about it, but I also didn't want to try to recreate it since I felt as if I needed to place this forever-lost WIP upon a pedestal. The next day, as I was riding the bus, I had moved on and thus, started to make it again. Fortunately, the melodies were pretty catchy, so I made a close - if not exact - replica of the original.

As I stated earlier, I was making this song as I was discovering the various features of Mixcraft. While I was browsing through the various synth basses of the program, I saw one titled "Danger Zone." I knew I had to use it, and that is also where the name of this song came from. Along with the bass, 8-bit thing, and drum machine, there are also various saxophones used in this piece. I am very impressed with the realisticness (yes, according to Wiktionary, it is in fact a real word) of the alto sax; it sounds very . . . real, for lack of a better word.

And of course, with the 8-bit/video game vibes of the song, I just had to have that picture of Button Mash. With this song, I was just thinking of the "Don't Mine at Night" parody. I love how he's so willing to put himself into a zone of danger just for Sweetie Belle. #literallyrelationshipgoalsaf #iamsorryforthesehashtags

Please like and share and download and stuff my song. I am a desperate artist who thirsts for validation.

*um what is my "typical stuff" like? I am so not a genre artist

No comments:

Post a Comment